In society today, it’s rare for people pay it forward. Everyone is so busy with their own lives and wrapped up in their own responsibilities that they hardly have time to do nice things for themselves—let alone for complete strangers. However, there are still some good apples out there in the world who continue to spread kindness like confetti.
On Monday, writer Nicole Cliffe asked Twitter about the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for them.
Cliffe began the touching thread by telling a story of her own. After her baby had gotten sick on a flight and caused the entire plane to turn around, a flight attendant proved that women supporting women (even strangers) is so damn important.
Before long, people began sharing their heartfelt experiences with strangers.
1. Like this thoughtful man:
2. And this selfless stranger:
3. A hero among men:
4. This group of kind souls:
5. And this complimentary man:
6. This apologetic stranger:
7. This super mom:
8. This generous woman:
9. This unbelievably kind doctor:
10. An amazing group of young strangers:
11. This Sony employee:
12. A comforting gesture:
13. This helpful dad:
14. An unexpected gift:
15. And this touching act of kindness:
What’s the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you? Let us know!